NEW_Preloaded_Behavior_06 with Battery read

Share your awesome Ringo behaviors here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AngoLito
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

NEW_Preloaded_Behavior_06 with Battery read

Postby AngoLito » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:38 pm

HI!

I want to share my particular version of Ringo_Preloaded_Behavior_V06 8-)
I aded new Battery level read routine and do some minor modifications on original (and great) demo files:

____________________________________Changes implemented by AngoLito in this version_____________________________________
a) Behavior 1 - Drive With Remote
* Pressing On/Off IR button (15) switch Off all led (after join with "A", "B" or "X" buttons you can Off all Leds)
* Pressing PlumGeek IR button (16) toogle White lights On/Off (nice to drive in a dark room!)
* Now with "Up" and "Down" keys Ringo runs until another direction key are pressed or "play" IR button (20) is pressed

b) Behavior 8 - Maintain Heading
* New line add that allows stop motors if you leave Behavior 8 with "menu" button when Ringo are turning

c) Behavior 11 - Reading battery level (NEW)
THIS NEW FUNCTION REQUIRES TO SOLDER 47KOhm ON NON MOUNTED R55; IF R55 IS NOT PRESSENT, ALWAYS READS MAXIMUM CHARGE
R55 is located near of Ringo edge at left side of Neopìxel 2 (botton center), is easily accesible
This new function is a simple mode to show battery level; is not accurate, but give you a valid value
Battery measursament is called pressing PlumGeek IR button (16) :geek:

d) On power On show Battery level instead PlayStartChirp

e) Changed indicator for "Menu" mode: 1 second flash rear pixel modified for "moving" style flash indicator (nice but more battery drain!) You can comment / uncomment blocks to choose

ATTENTION: To read battery level is necessary to solder a 47KOhm on non populated R55. Must use SMD 0603 or 0402 package.
If R55 is not placed, routine always will read maximum value.

PLEASE CAUTION: :!: R55 are easily accesible, but you need some experience on solder SMD to avoid damage PCB or nearby components. If you are not an electronic technician or have not experience, perhaps better to asking for help a colleague (i damaged one pad of R55 soldering a cable to connect a external potentiometer when testing... :mrgreen: )
SWITCH OFF RINGO BEFORE SOLDER R55

I attached a ZIP file with Ringo_PreLoaded_Behavior_V06_ReadBatt file; a copy of PlumGeek files with modifications described previously.
It works OK in my Ringo; I do not think there is any problem, in any case you are free to contact with me in this topic

Practice, learn and enjoy... :)

AngoLito
Attachments
Ringo_PreLoaded_Behaviors_V06_ReadBatt.zip
(57.45 KiB) Downloaded 1037 times
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand (Confucius)