Wink Code Compile Error Solved

Wink setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bytezen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wink Code Compile Error Solved

Postby bytezen » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:46 pm

I have been getting compilation warnings whilst trying to compile the Wink base sketch. Surprisingly the warnings were preventing the code from uploading successfully. The warning that I received read had a problem with this line:

extern byte irData[]={0x00,0xFF,0x00,0x00};

in WinkHardware.h.

To fix I simply removed the extern and I was able to compile without warnings.

Oddly, when I added extern to recreate the problem for this post the code no longer threw the warnings...Strange, but hopefully this helps anyone with the same problem

Happy Hacking
bz