Wink - not charging

Wink setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
raygeeknyc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wink - not charging

Postby raygeeknyc » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:17 am

Hi
I've gotten my Wink out and went to charge it - it took me a few minutes to determine that, unlike Ringo, there's no direct charging port on the Wink and I have to use the programmer to charge Wink :?:

But... when I connect Wink to the programmer, there's no charging LED lighting up anywhere :cry:

I believe that the cables and such are all OK as I switched the cable to Ringo who's charging LED came on right away.

Is there a chance that I'm missing something or is my Wink defective?

---Raymond

raygeeknyc

Re: Wink - not charging

Postby raygeeknyc » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:25 am

Was I missing the fact that the LED only comes on while Wink needs to charge? I ran it for a few mins and then tried again and the LED is now on.

sil

Re: Wink - not charging

Postby sil » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Correct, Ringo and Wink will start charging their batteries once they are connected to power. The red charging light comes on while its charging and goes off when its battery is full.