WINK | IR & Trouble with Wink & Ringo Preloaded behaviors

Wink setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wbohmann
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

WINK | IR & Trouble with Wink & Ringo Preloaded behaviors

Postby wbohmann » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:02 pm

I currently have 3 Winks all arriving with the WINK_Demo_Software. When activiated:
Each Wink plays through the demo behaviors
I can use the reset button on the WINK to change different behaviors
The IR WINK does not respond to the remote when in Demo mode - Should it?
I've tested my Remote using a camera to see IR light. I can confirm my remote is working with power.

When I install the Ringo_PreLoaded_Behaviors_Rev06_01 (after loading to my arduino files):
My Ringo sits with both eyes blue
No response to the remote on the IR Wink
It appears I can upload both the Ringo preloaded behaviors and the Wink Demo Software, but I don't seem to be able to do anything else.
Should I be building my example sketches using the Ringo base sketch or the Wink base sketch? As the include files seem very different.

Kevin

Re: WINK | IR & Trouble with Wink & Ringo Preloaded behaviors

Postby Kevin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Hello wbohmann,

I think there's some confusion about the Wink vs Ringo software. Any of the software with "ringo" in the name will only work with the Ringo robot and vise versa anything with "wink" in the name will only work with the Wink robot.

Because the IR is an extra option on Wink, the pre-loaded Wink examples don't use the remote. We've published an example that does use the remote that's now included in the Base Sketch .zip file. I know we need to clarify that on the website a bit. We'll be doing a big website update once the KS rewards are all shipped.

Here's the link to the example:
http://files.plumgeek.com/software/wink ... ftware.zip

There are is also a supplemental lesson written that discusses use of the IR and remote functions. It's in the lessons archive here:
http://files.plumgeek.com/learn/Learn_t ... essons.zip

-Kevin