Compiler Error?

Wink setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MRWEST13
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Compiler Error?

Postby MRWEST13 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:00 am

How come no matter which example code I try I get an Error compiling it before upload?
Anybody else have this issue?
Thanks.
Ryan

Here's a copy of my error message:

Arduino: 1.6.8 Hourly Build 2016/02/02 09:13 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Fio"

In file included from /Users/MrWest/Downloads/Wink_Demo_Software/Wink_BaseSketch_Rev01_03/Wink_BaseSketch_Rev01_03.ino:21:0:
sketch/WinkHardware.h:28:31: fatal error: Adafruit_NeoPixel.h: No such file or directory
#include <Adafruit_NeoPixel.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

sil

Re: Compiler Error?

Postby sil » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:15 am

The error tells you that you are missing a file.

Go to http://www.plumgeek.com/getting-started.html and follow the section headed Install Ringo Software Libraries, you havent installed the third party files that both RIngo and Wink use. Just follow the section and you'll be sorted. I guess the initial wink instructions may have needed a bit more refining, i got the Ringo so i already had these installed and wink worked fine for me straight away. For newcomers like yourself it may not have been so clear. Also keep in mind the examples you download labelled wink expect to only run on the wink bot, likewise the examples labelled ringo shouldnt run on wink but some of the hardware includes are identical between both bots and you're currently missing those. Good luck.