Wink Power Button - light out

Wink setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wbohmann
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wink Power Button - light out

Postby wbohmann » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:00 pm

My Wink power indicator light is not longer working (just in front of the power) button. I've determined that the Power Button in general is not working, while it depresses, no light turns on. I've tried pressing the button in various states to see if I can load a sketch, however I cannot load a sketch anymore to my wink. Perhaps the power button is really broken. Anyone else have similar issues?

sil

Re: Wink Power Button - light out

Postby sil » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:09 pm

Mine is similar, the button turns Wink on then off again easily. Not as reliable as the switch on Ringo :( I just press the button firmly with Wink on a steady surface and wait a few seconds before touching it just to see if it settles to an ON state instead of beeping on then off quickly. Dodgy batch of buttons maybe?

Kevin

Re: Wink Power Button - light out

Postby Kevin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:43 pm

wbohmann,

I wonder if the Wink needs to be charged? If you plug in the programmer and hook up to the computer - you should get a charge LED light up next to the programming pins. Let it charge for an hour or two and see if that corrects the problem.

Thanks,
-Kevin