[SOLVED] Wink TX vs. Beep Interference

Wink setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wclift
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[SOLVED] Wink TX vs. Beep Interference

Postby wclift » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:13 am

Last edited by wclift on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kevin

Re: Wink TX vs. Beep Interference

Postby Kevin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:49 am

wclift

Re: Wink TX vs. Beep Interference

Postby wclift » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:27 am

That was the problem. But rather than insert the pinMode command before a beep() function, I just put it right AFTER the TXIRKey function, to restore the beep pin to usefulness. I'll experiment later with putting this functionality directly in the TXIR function somewhere. It makes more sense to me to localize this to the same function that disables the beep, and having it re-enable it when finished with the IR functionality.

Thanks for the pointer!
Wayne

Kevin

Re: [SOLVED] Wink TX vs. Beep Interference

Postby Kevin » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:50 am

I would agree with this.

I would suggest placing the code to flip the pin back to an output at the very end of the TxIR function just before the closing curly. I would suggest leaving the ModulateIR function unchanged, as that function actually controls the internal registers to turn on and off the internal PWM peripheral on the chip. If you do it at the end of TxIR, that PWM action should be all finished by that point. If you discover this works and the buzzer doesn't make strange sounds during IR transmitting (which I don't think it can), let me know and I'll update the TxIR function on our end so the next release of the Base Sketch has this resolved.

Good catch again. :)