Redefinition of 'void setup()'

Wink setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DevUK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Redefinition of 'void setup()'

Postby DevUK » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi

I'm new to Wink and to programming - just trying to do Lesson 2 - Control Eyes.

I'm in Wink_BaseSketch_Rev01_03 on Arduino and typed in the code in the loop area.

When I go to verify I get an error message that says redefinition of 'void setup()'

It says 'exit status 1', followed by redefinition of 'void setup()'

I can't work out what I am doing wrong and have no clue what that error message means. Anyone able to help please?

Kevin

Re: Redefinition of 'void setup()'

Postby Kevin » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:39 am

Hello Dev,

It sounds like you may have the function void setup() in your code more than one time. Scroll over the top half or so of your code and see if maybe this function exists more than once. Each function can only be declared one time (you can call it as many times as you like, but you can only have the actual function exist in one place at one time).

If you're still unsure, go ahead and post the code in the main tab of your Arduino (the code in the window you're most likely working in now that is). - we'll have a look at it.

Thanks!
-Kevin