When will we have all the spec , docs and soft ??

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
TomTheWhittler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: When will we have all the spec , docs and soft ??

Postby TomTheWhittler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:27 pm

I will have to agree that this project has not turned out as expected. By this time I was hoping to be driving around the little Rover all around my house from work while streaming video. At least the Kickstarter seemed to indicate that possibility which was why I shelled out for a complete unit. I was learning a lot until my Raspberry PI-3 started eating SD cards. After 4 different cards from different vendors I just gave up. Now my Rover is in pieces as it was easier to try SD cards. The Arduino side seems to be just fine if I just want to program simple things. . It all seemed to start when I was having the Pi-3 try to control the Arduino. The Pi-3 seems to work okay just sitting there hardly doing anything but any control stuff that uses a lot of SD card I/O just causes my SD card to self destructs after awhile. A Sandisc 32GB card is now a 20mb card. Another is totally dead. It is a known Pi-3 problem so I can not fault the Rover entirely but I am guessing there still is some code problem helping it along. I'm thinking some sort of Raspberry PI-3 USB to Arduino interface might be better to talk to the Arduino. Not sure. I have learned a lot but I was hoping to learn a lot more and to have more fun.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.
I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

Kevin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kevin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:05 pm

TomTheWhittler

Postby TomTheWhittler » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:00 am

Kevin,
Apparently RPI-3 killing SD cards is not new or uncommon.
A lot of complaints if you search. Here is just one on the raspberry pi forum.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=140845

Not sure it is related to the I/O lines.. Maybe it is just my Pi. I got another Pi 3 to try sometime.
I just got extremely busy. Warm weather and rain.. Grass growing.. No time...

And I am not blaming you. How were you to know that the raspberry pi was going to have problems.
There are a ton of projects and shields that seem to work perfectly fine.. I am guessing it
is a weird combination of hardware and some drivers that were not fully developed.

I just thought with 600 Kickstarter backers that there would be a bit more development and enthusiasm from the community.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.
I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

Astroghost

Postby Astroghost » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Kevin ,

when will you provide us all the documentations promise on the Kickstarter project ?

Wifi,blutooth and xbee control ?
Computer vision ?

François
BERNIER François
FabLab Manager at L.A.B. Aix en Provence -FRANCE
http://astronomie-astrophotographie.fr