Unable to Upload

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nickw58
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unable to Upload

Postby Nickw58 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:25 am

Hi,

I have my Spirit built and it is happily running the Demo code :D Today I made my first attempt to right very simple code using the Base sketch provided, this complies ok but fails to upload. I have checked the basics, such as checking I can communicate to the Spirit this appears to work via Com3. I get the following error message when I attempt to upload.

I am very new to programming is anyone able to give a clue to what the issue might be ?

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\Home\Documents\Arduino\Software From PG\Eyes_NW_Rev01\Eyes_NW_Rev01.ino:20:0:

sketch\Hardware.h:37:0: warning: "INT0" redefined

#define INT0 4 //PIC pulls low when urgent status is present

^

In file included from c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\io.h:272:0,

from c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\pgmspace.h:90,

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:28,

from sketch\Eyes_NW_Rev01.ino.cpp:1:

c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\iom328p.h:167:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define INT0 0

^

In file included from C:\Users\Home\Documents\Arduino\Software From PG\Eyes_NW_Rev01\Eyes_NW_Rev01.ino:20:0:

sketch\Hardware.h:38:0: warning: "INT1" redefined

#define INT1 A2 //Other user defined interrupt uses. Connects to Raspberry Pi GPIO17

^

In file included from c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\io.h:272:0,

from c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\pgmspace.h:90,

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:28,

from sketch\Eyes_NW_Rev01.ino.cpp:1:

c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\iom328p.h:168:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define INT1 1

^

sketch\Hardware.h:820:34: warning: backslash and newline separated by space

#define RecordedDataRefresh() \

^

sketch\Hardware.h:430:20: warning: 'irData' initialized and declared 'extern'

extern byte irData[]={0x00,0xFF,0x00,0x00};

^

sketch\Hardware.h:803:86: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration

typedef struct RecordedDataStruct{int left; int leftaver; int leftamb; uint32_t t;};//can edit number, names, and data types

^

C:\Users\Home\Documents\Arduino\Software From PG\Eyes_NW_Rev01\Navigation.ino: In function 'void CalibrateNavigationSensors()':

C:\Users\Home\Documents\Arduino\Software From PG\Eyes_NW_Rev01\Navigation.ino:468:4: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion [-Woverflow]

i=1000;

^

C:\Users\Home\Documents\Arduino\Software From PG\Eyes_NW_Rev01\Navigation.ino:482:4: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion [-Woverflow]

i=1000;

^

Sketch uses 6306 bytes (19%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 638 bytes (31%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1410 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc8
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

romamaker

Re: Unable to Upload

Postby romamaker » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:45 pm

Did you turn it on before uploading?

Nickw58

Postby Nickw58 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:35 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response I have tried both, i.e Not pressing PWR button before uploading and pressing PWR button then uploading. Outcome the same in both cases.

I have Board Selected as Auduino/Genuino Uno within the IDE application, but when I use the 'Get Board Info' it returns 'Unknown Board' does anyone know if this is significant ?

Nickw58

Postby Nickw58 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 am

Hi,

As I've been researching my Upload problem I have seen a number of references to an LED to indicate the Bootloader is good. I see no such LED on the Spirit Rover does anyone know if this LED is on the Spirit ? The only LED's I see active are PWR & COM when unit is on and amber charge LED when connected to USB port.

romamaker

Postby romamaker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Select the board "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini"
Then just below the board, set the processor to "ATMega328 (3.3V, 8MHz)"
Power on the unit, and then try your upload

Nickw58

Postby Nickw58 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Thank you that worked :D

eldaria

Postby eldaria » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:05 am

romamaker

Postby romamaker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:09 pm

I understand. The only reason I was able to answer the question easily is because I went through the exact same struggle... I was initially trying to use the Uno too. I think it was when I was digging through the Ringo instructions is when I saw the Pro or Pro Mini.