[ Solved ] How to troubleshoot

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sm7tix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[ Solved ] How to troubleshoot

Postby sm7tix » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:43 pm

One cable backwards to the sonic sensors.
Hi.
I just had my nephew build my Spirit because i am visually impaired. He has gone home now and i charged the robot and when i turn on it only beep once and shine the eyes. We have followed the manual carefully but maybe read wrong or connected some cables wrong. Where to start looking for the problem? If i send a video, if i can, of the error does it helps?
I have called my nephew again and he will come some day and start looking but it should be nice to have a start.
Thanks in advance.
Stefan / SM7TIX
Last edited by sm7tix on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

romamaker

Re: How to troubleshoot

Postby romamaker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Stefan,

When you power up Spirit with the pre-loaded behaviors, it does beep and light up the eyes. Then it will sit there and not do anything, until you place you hand in front of the eyes. When the ultrasonic rangefinder senses something directly in front of it, it randomly performs one of several actions. (Spins, lunges towards hand, backs up, activiates the grabber, etc.) Have you tried placing your hand in front of the eyes?

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi and thanks for the answer. My nephew placed the connector backwards on the ultra sonic device. Now it is behavong as it should, allmost. There is a buzzing sound from the gripper server we have to look into now.
Kind regards
Stefan
Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

romamaker

Postby romamaker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:23 pm

There's another topic about this too... see the topic "Buzzing Noise"

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Ok. Thanks.
Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX