Help for beginner ?

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stardusts
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help for beginner ?

Postby stardusts » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi guys

I am a seasoned developer but using the PCs, Unix boxes etc... never had any interaction with platforms such Arduino or Raspberry Pie

Thanks to the Wink getting started, I was able to setup my Arduino dev environment but I really need guidance on how to access Raspberry Pi ?

For example, what tools do I need to download ?
Do I connect to R. PI using the same USB connector I use with Arduino ? The small USB charge plug ?
Etc..

I am using MacBook Pro

Some getting set up tips will be helpful !

Alan

Re: Help for beginner ?

Postby Alan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:12 am

stardusts

The RPi is basically a standalone system, and needs a USB keyboard/mouse and an HDMI monitor to function, initially. Refer to to get it up and running. You can connect a micro USB to power the system, or it will run of the battery. Remember the SD Card is already preloaded with Raspbian, so you should skip those steps. Once you add the devices, power up the robot, and the RPi should boot Raspbian and login. I would suggest placing the robot on a small box to prevent the wheels from touching anything. You will want to enable and configure your Wifi, as well as enable the Camera. These steps and more can be found at

We are all interested in learning how to configure communications between the Main Board and the RPi. Kevin has indicated that is coming, so we will have to be patient a little longer.

Alan

stardusts

Re: Help for beginner ?

Postby stardusts » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks a lot I did kick my own butt and figured it out last night. I luved python and stayed playing with it till 4AM ! :D

WAITING FOR THE INTEGRATION BETWEEN THE TWO BOARDS