PI LED on Spirit board is off

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stardusts
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PI LED on Spirit board is off

Postby stardusts » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi all,

While I was building spirit, I did the board test and I can see 2 out of 3 LEDs are lit "PWR & COM" while PI is off.

Kevin recommended continue the build and try. So I did. Spirit is fully built, the pre-loaded behaviours work fine.

I can also access Arduino via the USB connection plus I can access Raspberry PI via the WIFI but still the PI led is off.

I hope it is just a bad LED and not something more serious because I did not test if Spirit board and Pi are able to communicating

Any ideas is appreciated.

PS: The youtube video about the board test does show the PI LED turning on.

Astroghost

Re: PI LED on Spirit board is off

Postby Astroghost » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:32 pm

My rover too.
I think the communication is not actually active for the moment between raspberry and arduino.
BERNIER François
FabLab Manager at L.A.B. Aix en Provence -FRANCE
http://astronomie-astrophotographie.fr

Kevin

Re: PI LED on Spirit board is off

Postby Kevin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:32 pm

The PiUp LED is kind of a general purpose LED. I was going to have it turn on any time the Pi was up and talking to the rest of the board, but that's not actually implemented. The PiUp LED can be manually controlled from code and we do test function of all 3 LEDs, so unless something slipped through it's fine. Not to worry. ;)

Once we have the rest of them shipped we'll circle back and cover things like this.

Thanks,
-Kevin