How to.... interface the RPi with spirit board

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
esba1ley

Re: How to.... interface the RPi with spirit board

Postby esba1ley » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:17 pm

Yup. I talk directly over the i2c. I haven’t quite figured out the SPI pins that talk to the Arduino yet... do you know them? That way we can get a serial comm going and not worry about messages stomping on each other. That’s precisely why the WriteByte() method has a try: statement in it that in exception keeps trying. The danger is an infinite loop, without adding more smarts to break out of it... but it was a quick kludge that worked.
----------
Erik S. Bailey
Entry, Descent, and Landing Aerospace Engineer
Maker, and Musician
SpiritRover Kickstarter Backer #460

gpvillamil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby gpvillamil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:48 pm

This is what I found in the Arduino sketch:

#define SPI_SS 10 //SPI Select Line
#define SPI_MOSI 11 //SPI MOSI (Master Out / Slave In) Line
#define SPI_MISO 12 //SPI MISO (Master In / Slave Out) Line
#define SPI_SCK 13 //SPI Clock Line

But of course that is from the point of view of the Arduino, I don't know what the corresponding pins are from the POV of the Raspberry Pi.

esba1ley

Postby esba1ley » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:32 am

Yeah, I found that too... as you point out, it doesn’t say what the corresponding GPIO pins are on the RasPi... I guess we could attempt to buzz them out...
----------
Erik S. Bailey
Entry, Descent, and Landing Aerospace Engineer
Maker, and Musician
SpiritRover Kickstarter Backer #460

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable