Camera upside down?

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gpvillamil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Camera upside down?

Postby gpvillamil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:33 pm

Got everything hooked up, trying out the camera. I followed the instructions exactly, with the ribbon cable at the top.

However, when firing up raspistill or qv4l2, the image is displayed upside down!

Is this something I can change in settings, or should I just reinstall the camera?

esba1ley

Re: Camera upside down?

Postby esba1ley » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:07 am

if you're using raspivid or raspistill, use -vflip -hflip options.

I use OpenCV 3.4, and I have to send equivalent flip commands via my python scripts.
----------
Erik S. Bailey
Entry, Descent, and Landing Aerospace Engineer
Maker, and Musician
SpiritRover Kickstarter Backer #460