Base sketch won't upload

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
Bastian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Base sketch won't upload

Postby Bastian » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 am

ThnX for the support! I'm using Windows 10 and the devicemanager shows the com-port when I plug in. Properties tell me the supplier is FTDI and it's the newest version. Uninstalling the device and install it again, doesn't change anything. I usualy work in Visual Studio (intellisense & solutions/projects with sources in multiple different languages) I have a dozen of old and current projects at hand. All with arduino(s)+Rpi. VS does a clean upload for all of them (several uno's, several mega's) Just to be sure I installed the arduino ide version 1.8.5. That works the same. Unfortunately not alone for all my other projects, but also for Spirit ;-( I would say this aks for a brutal burn with a chip programmer (in which case I use another arduino), but the spirit lacks some pins to do that. Without the ability to upload a basic sketch, I cannot solve the comms-problems with spirit_core.py. (I realy donnot see a workaround in python or linux there.) I consider it pure bad luck and spirit went off this morning to a shoebox in the garage. Maybe one day it'll be scavangedf or the Rpi and/or battery. Again: thnX for the support!

Bastian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Finaly got the Base sketch loaded

Postby Bastian » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Don't ask me why, but I got a glitch about power, took the spirit out of the shoebox to give it a final try and got it working! The order of things: start arduino ide, insert usb cable, press power button, wait until RPI is initialized (blue led) and upload the Spirit BaseSketch PI control. Got the avrdude thank you. Tried again with Visual Studio:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compiling 'Spirit_BaseSketch_PiControl_Rev01' for 'Arduino Pro or Pro Mini w/ ATmega328P (3.3V, 8 MHz)'
Program size: 7.366 bytes (used 24% of a 30.720 byte maximum) (4,91 secs)
Minimum Memory Usage: 644 bytes (31% of a 2048 byte maximum)

Uploading 'Spirit_BaseSketch_PiControl_Rev01' to 'Arduino Pro or Pro Mini w/ ATmega328P (3.3V, 8 MHz)' using 'COM4'
The upload process has finished.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Downside: volts.py, rangefinder, lightsense still produce the register errors. But since I now know how to load a sketch, I'll dive into the comms to find the bug ;-0)