Cloud robotics demo code (now with actual code and links to BBC and FT)

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
sm7tix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cloud robotics demo code (now with actual code!!)

Postby sm7tix » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:03 am

Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

headamage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby headamage » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am

very nice. Thanks.
Does the manual control work fine for you?

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi
Yes I think it works very good. One of my wheel servos are a little slower then the other so I can't drive straight. This I think i can fix some day.
The only thing that is not so good is that it take all keyboard input from all consoles. If i leave manual on and got to another ssh session it keep on feeling the keystrokes and the rover runs around when i type. Miner issue because when you drive you drive and do other things.
Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

headamage

Postby headamage » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:32 pm

:D :D :D

yes i have the same problem with manual control but that is inherent to the way i chose to implement it. The alternative would be to use some kind of game controller on usb. I don't have one so it isn't an option for me.

about the motors not running at the same speed, just go in the code and adjust one to run slower than the other until you find that it goes straight. Do it for the methods that control forward and backward movement.
That's how I solved my problem. Those motors are just dc so they are never going to run perfectly in sync and manufacturing inconsistencies will result in slightly different speeds for a given voltage.

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Ok! I will adjust the code.
Qustion: If i light up some lights from the arduino script, will it crash sd card also?
What name do i use to access the chirp in python?
Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

headamage

Postby headamage » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:59 pm

chirp does not exist in python yet. from arduino you can handle the pixels without affecting the pi.

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:17 pm

Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

TomTheWhittler

Postby TomTheWhittler » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:22 am

Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.
I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

headamage

Postby headamage » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:41 am

did you also install the software for the pixels as mentioned in the guide? without it, you cannot communicate with the pixels daemon and it seems you are missing that daemon.

TomTheWhittler

Postby TomTheWhittler » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:24 am

Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.
I knew immediately that was where I belonged.