Cloud robotics demo code (now with actual code and links to BBC and FT)

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
headamage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cloud robotics demo code (now with actual code!!)

Postby headamage » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:14 pm

are you on pi3 or pi2?
I just discovered a major problem with pi3 on mine. Pi3 for some reason loses access to the file system when using the pixels. It's a catastrophic failure since the device crashes completely.
It may also simply be a case that your network cannot handle the camera traffic on top of the sensors. camera traffic does make it less responsive but it should not crash it completely.
i have to go back and rebuild it with pi2 and hope for the best at this point.

sm7tix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sm7tix » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:33 pm

Ok. I think it is the pi3 since it have wifi onboard.
I will try to figure out what causing this strange things but for now i have no clue where to start.
Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

headamage

Postby headamage » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:37 pm

ok since you definitely have pi3, i advise you do not use any of the pixel functions. Especially the navlights.py
Every time i start navlights.py on the pi3 it corrupts the file system. There seems to be a conflict between the supplied python libraries for pixels and the way the pi3 accesses the sd card. Go through my scripts and eliminate all the pixel functions from all of them. i didn't notice any problems with the servos and motors so everything else should be fine.
You should definitely be able to use manual control over the network without the camera.
i just finished moving back to pi2. I wasted the whole day trying to troubleshoot problems with pi3.

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:23 am

Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:46 am

There are some issues with the socket lib also I think. When cloud code is started it is ok to connect to the rover through a new ssh connection, but when i start the graph on my desktop the network on the rover gets unreachable until I close the graph again. Maybe the ip get bind by socket but it should only bind port i think.
I will google for a while.... :D
Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:31 am

Network issue solved!!
I don't know what was wrong, but i rewrote the /etc/network/interfaces file and now it works like a sharm! I can run graph, manual and cam at the same time. GREAT work!
I get some error on read and error on write from cloud. Do you know how to debug that more?
Do you know how to set static values in the QT window? Volt for example could be between 2 and 4 volt. Easier to the trend when draining the battery.
Is there a way to get the graph-window without X?
I have setup a "mission control" on a headless virtual machine and it should be nice to have one console with the graph in in it.
When i run the manual rover code it picks up keystrokes from all my terminal windows. I will see if i find anything on the net on this.
The pixel lib, is it something done just for the spirit or is it a common lib?
Keep up the good work!
Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

tvoverbeek

Postby tvoverbeek » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 pm

headamage

Postby headamage » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 pm

headamage

Postby headamage » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:50 pm

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:29 pm

Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX