Welcome to the Forum! Please Read Me!

Check in here for all updates
Kevin

Welcome to the Forum! Please Read Me!

Postby Kevin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:51 pm

Hello to the awesome people who made Plum Geek possible! We are happy to open up the user forum! This forum is the best place to find support. We are hopeful users can help others as much as possible. You can also use this forum to exchange your code and interesting robot behaviors.

The Plum Geek staff will keep an eye on the forum and attempt to follow up with support as much as possible.

Welcome!!
-Kevin

mikasami

Re: Welcome to the Forum! Please Read Me!

Postby mikasami » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi,

I wish to buy three Ringo robots but only one remote and one programmer, are you planning to sell a 3 pack like this?

Also I was looking for your contact email address but I couldn't find it.

In the future I wish to be a distributor of ringo in my country, the philippines, so I hope we can talk about that. Thanks!

drjay1000

Postby drjay1000 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:16 pm

After I assembled the Ringo hardware and connected it to my iMac. I then d/l the arduino ide for the iMac. I the turned on Ringo and when I connected to the ide I got an error msg after the d/l. How can I fix this problem?

jedward

Postby jedward » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:06 pm

drjay1000 wrote:After I assembled the Ringo hardware and connected it to my iMac. I then d/l the arduino ide for the iMac. I the turned on Ringo and when I connected to the ide I got an error msg after the d/l. How can I fix this problem?

Did you ever get going?

After reading your post a couple of things occurred to me:
•did you download and read the Ringo_Guide_Book manual? pp6-13 outline a very specific order of steps to perform to initialize things
•you did not mention d/l the necessary driver and installing that before plugging the Ringo hardware into the Mac USB port
•after the above, be sure Ringo is turned ON before trying to Tx/Rx with it

After installing the driver and connecting the Ringo hardware
•I found the identification and selection of the "Port" name initially confusing, but the following completely resolved a connectivity problem I had early on:
the manual on p.11 says to expect on the "Port" menu to see an option like " /dev/tty.usbmodem or /dev/tty.usbserial". I have NOT found one with a name like that,
but instead I find and have been able consistently to use a port named something like: "dev/cu.usbserial-########" where the #-mark characters seem to be uniquely generated by the OS, so they can vary.

Hope things are working by now. I am running just fine both with an iMac and a MacBook, both using 10.10.5