Ringo pre-programmed behaviours + remote

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
Kevin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ringo pre-programmed behaviours + remote

Postby Kevin » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:51 pm

a.angel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby a.angel » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:50 pm

golfercacher

Postby golfercacher » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm really struggling to get Ringo to work. This is turning out to be way more difficult to get up and running than I expected. I got my replacement programming board today but the serial port still doesn't show. I tried different cables but no luck. I think I followed the instructions correctly but I could have made a mistake. I had to guess at a few things when following the instructions. I'm on a Mac. Does anyone have a more detailed set of instructions for how to get this thing going? I really don't want it to be something I put in the corner to collect dust.

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Fio"

Sketch uses 22,500 bytes (73%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.
Global variables use 927 bytes (45%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,121 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

jaults

Postby jaults » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:19 pm

Is your Ringo switched on? I got these sync errors when I forgot to turn it on before trying to upload the sketch...

golfercacher

Postby golfercacher » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:21 pm

I tried it with on and off. I'm not getting the serial port to show up….it is still grayed out.

Kits & Bits

Autonomous Roaming

Postby Kits & Bits » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:55 am

Hello Plum Geek Forum,

Can you please help me, on the Ringo's PreLoaded Behaviours

Pressing zero to activate the Autonomous roaming, has now stopped working.
All this does now after switching on. The two front, and rear light flashes blue,

Then when I press zero on the remote control the rear light flashes red and both motors turn and then stop,

The front light has now changed to flashing white, as the motors briefly come on and off,

after a few attempts at going forward the front light flash blue Ringo turns around and tries again to go forward.

Thank you for any help on this KB.

jedward

Re: Autonomous Roaming

Postby jedward » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:34 am

Kits & Bits

Postby Kits & Bits » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi J Edward,

Thank you for replying to my post I did try your suggestions thank you,

please see my youtube video when everything was working fine,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmGwtjQWWYc

I think the problem was when I pressed the user button next to the reset four times suggested on the forum,

saying it was the calibration for Ringo, since then the antonymous roaming has not worked as before, but all other behaviours work fine.

Look forward to your reply and getting this back working again.

Kind regards Kits.