Ringo Basics - Read Me First!

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
jaults

Re: Ringo Basics - Read Me First!

Postby jaults » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:10 pm

jules wrote:Hi
The documentation nicely points out where to place the Ringo library files. "Copy the three folders included in this zip file into your Arduino/libraries folder."
However, where do I place the Ringo preloaded behavior sketch or the base sketch in the Arduino folder scheme. Thanks.

I don't think it matters--you can put them anywhere.

jules

Postby jules » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:09 pm

The documentation nicely points out where to place the Ringo library files. "Copy the three folders included in this zip file into your Arduino/libraries folder."
However, where do I place the Ringo preloaded behavior sketch or the base sketch in the Arduino folder scheme. Thanks.

I am posting this for other Newbees like me. I guess there is no substitute than learning the hard way (it's not soo hard) and doing it by yourself. So to download the Ringo Preloaded behaviors (ver2) Sketch, (or any sketch), to Ringo, do the following: 1) Download the Sketch file to your PC, it does not have to go into an Arduino subdirectory, like I originally thought. Anywhere is fine. I have created a Folder called RINGO ROBOT where I keep all related info and a subfolder for SKETCHES. 2) Unzip the file, so you will have the actual files Arduino needs for verifying and uploading. 3) Open the Arduino IDE program and click on FILE, OPEN, then browse until you are at the folder with these files. 4) Click on the Ringo_Preloaded_Behaviors_Rev02.INO file. 5) Then in the Arduino IDE, click on the Checkmark Button to Verify & Compile the program, 6) Make sure Ringo's ON Switch is set to ON, then click on the Arrow Pointing Right Button to Upload the Sketch to Ringo, 7) and finally the Down Arrow Button to Save the Sketch. You can now disconnect Ringo. Follow the Guide for using the Remote and it's keys to activate his various pre-programmed behaviors.

jules

Postby jules » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:31 am

jaults wrote:

I don't think it matters--you can put them anywhere.

thanks, appreciate the response. I saw your reply after I wrote the lengthy post upon figuring it out by trial and error.

Return to “Ringo Basics”