Ringo Basics - Read Me First!

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
Kevin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ringo Basics - Read Me First!

Postby Kevin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello everyone! This is the topic to discuss all the basics of Ringo. This may be hardware, support issues, basics of using code, etc. Please attempt to search for existing topics before posting new ones.

Feel free to introduce yourself and get antiquated with the other members of the PG community. We look forward to getting to know you!

Cheers!
-Kevin

michael
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ringo Basics - Read Me First!

Postby michael » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi Kevin,
Ringo looks amazing, I only just discovered the project today. Can you give any hint of the retail price? I couldn't see it on the website anywhere,
Thanks
Michael

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:19 am

Hey Michael,

We'll have Ringo available via an online store later this week. They will be $89 for the Ringo robot, programmer, programming cable, and remote control. Keep an eye on www.plumgeek.com for the store to go up. We'll also announce on Facebook and Twitter @plumgeek

Thanks!
-Kevin

qmracer01

Postby qmracer01 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:47 pm

What cable is used to connect to the programmer with the computer?

PeteM

Postby PeteM » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:51 pm

The Plum Geek Programmer uses a Mini USB connector so you will need a USB to Mini USB cable to connect it to your computer.

Pete

michael

Postby michael » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:56 pm

Hey Kevin,
That's even cheaper than I was expecting :)
I can't help but comment, it's Tuesday 11th August, 17:55 GMT and I'm unable to give you my hard earned money! what's going on?
Michael

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:26 am

Hey Michael & Others....

Augh!! :? We're still waiting for the credit card processor to finish " reviewing" the store. I don't have a firm date but I'm expecting it will be this week sometime. We're trying to hurry the process along as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
-Kevin

pixiepurls

Postby pixiepurls » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:57 pm

Okay so I opened and uploaded the behavior examples, I followed the guide for everything to get to that point etc. I uploaded it, it said it filled up the ringo 70% or something like that when I sent the code to it but the remote doesnt seem to function like a remote like I thought it would. I only uploaded the main behavior file, i didn't click upload on any of those sub-files as it didn't seem like I should. Well tried and it errored out so I re-uploaded the main file and it seemed like it worked. I have front-end CSS/HTML5 experience but nothing like this so is there something I can go read that will help me understand the very basics of this in relation to arduino and how it all works? The code is commented very well it seems like the bot should move left and right with the remote but it doesn't. I know something changed because it doesnt go crazy when I turn it on now like it did when I first got it in the "blank" state (which i assume did have something on it to make it do that).

- pixie

jules

Postby jules » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:40 am

Hi
The documentation nicely points out where to place the Ringo library files. "Copy the three folders included in this zip file into your Arduino/libraries folder."
However, where do I place the Ringo preloaded behavior sketch or the base sketch in the Arduino folder scheme. Thanks.

>>>>>>>I figured it out. So if you are a Newbee like me, please see my Sept 9 post on next page for details on How to Upload the Sketch.
Last edited by jules on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jaults

Postby jaults » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:47 pm