programming problems

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kellyk413
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

programming problems

Postby kellyk413 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:44 pm

hello, im getting this error when trying to compile the prelaoded behaviers

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows XP), Board: "Arduino Fio"

Cannot run program "{runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}\bin\avr-g++" (in directory "."): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

Kevin

Re: programming problems

Postby Kevin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:01 am

Kelly,

That's strange- I haven't seen that error before.

Does this happen when you click the "verify" button (the check mark in the upper left of the Arduino window)? A ask because Verify only compiles it. "Upload" compiles then tries to load.

If it's not compiling, try downloading a fresh clean copy of the Ringo Base Sketch and try to compile and/or load that. I wonder if it's a problem Arduino is having with all files in general. If it won't compile anything, you may try re-installing Arduino. You could also try posting on the official Arduino forum. If it's not compiling anything it sounds like a general problem with Arduino and wouldn't be Ringo specific.

Let me know what you come up with.

Thanks,
-Kevin

kellyk413

Postby kellyk413 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:20 pm

Kevin,
i get the error when i click on the check, to compile, i did an uninstall and reinstall but same thing. i installed on my work computer, works great. so it must be something with my computer. i will get in touch with Arduino tech.

thanks

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:18 am

Hello Kelly,

Thanks for the update on this. I wonder if it's a permissions issue in the file system? It looks like the compiler is looking for something it can't see. I'm sorry I don't know the inner workings of the IDE to compiler toolchain. Looks like it's trying to access a temporary file created during the compile?

Back when I did a lot of work on Mac years ago I know we occasionally had to "restore file permissions" or something to that effect which would clear up misc issues in the OS. Not sure if you're on Mac or how you'd do this in the latest OS though. Just a thought.

KSenijawib

programming problems

Postby KSenijawib » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi all,

Im having a lot of problems with Programmers Notepad. No matter what I try, there is always a "Cant find the file specified" error. I reinstalled PN; it didnt help. What should I do?
[url="http://hd-wallpapersfd.info/category/fantasy/"]hd-wallpapersfd.info[/url]