Predictable Movement??

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
cbw060
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Predictable Movement??

Postby cbw060 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Thanks for your detailed response, i'll go and 'play' some more!

I think my function question was regarding MoveWithOptions and how the edge detection option works. If I understand from my poking into your code, i put the name here of my own function to be called on an edge detection?...not sure exactly the syntax/how to do it.

Cheers,

cbw060
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cbw060 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:38 pm

jedward:

Sorry for not replying, I had not set the "notify me when a reply is posted" option.

Perhaps the easiest way to do what you want is
1) detect button press and move accordingly
2) keep moving until new button is detected ( i.e. "stop" button or new direction)

I will try something and post it soon.

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:27 am

Hey cbw,

A quick note on the predictable movement, is that it seems to have a significant effect if Ringo rocks from one pad to the other when starting movement, as that rotation actually adds a significant component to the inertia of the accellerometer. You may try pressing the motors further up in the clip. Press on the side of the motor can, not the shaft itself because it can press the black cap off the back end.

This will lower Ringo a bit to the surface and remove some of the rocking. This has always helped me. Normally you should get fairly accurate and repeatable movement so if you're getting majorly inaccurate or random movement, let me know how far it is actually missing by.

About the MoveWithOptions and the *edge function... I don't totally understand this either. Dustin included it as something that could be expanded by people who really wanted to hack on it. I believe you simply include the name of the function you want to call when seeing an edge but without the () signs. So if your function was StopAndBackUp() then you'd put StopAndBackUp for this term.

Have a look at the Pre Loaded Behavior #10 which is antonymous roaming. I believe this uses that function so you can see an actual working example. I've recently fixed a few other buggy issues and hope to post a new Base Sketch soon, but this is the next item on my list to really understand and see if it can be implemented in a better way.

Thanks,
-Kevin

cbw060

Postby cbw060 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:20 am

I hope that wty123 has been deleted from this forum for posting this nonsense