Serial port driver error

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ItaySharon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Serial port driver error

Postby ItaySharon » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:05 am

hi,
I did all the things that you wrote in the "getting started"
but my windows failed to install the driver
please help me
ItaySharon

sblackthorne

Re: Serial port driver error

Postby sblackthorne » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:20 am

This may sound crazy, but I went through just about all of the suggestions from this forum and what finally worked was switching the USB cable. The only other cable I could find around the house was my Play Station 3 charging cable for the controllers. Windows 10 64 bit. As soon as I connected the cable the com1 that was showing up switched to com4, the Port menu option under the tools pull down menu was no longer grayed out and listed under connected devices, from the settings menu, was FT231X USB UART.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Itay,

When you downloaded the FTDI driver and ran the installation of that driver - is that the part that failed? If you got an "admin" error or something to that effect, try to right click the install .exe and in the menu that pops up, click "run as admin" or something like that.

-Kevin

RogersNH

Postby RogersNH » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:22 am