Preloaded Behaviour Bugged

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JayPeeTeeDee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Preloaded Behaviour Bugged

Postby JayPeeTeeDee » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:31 pm

I loaded up the pre-loaded behaviours onto Ringo but I found the 'Drive with Remote' function bugged.
It works fine when other buttons are executed (change eye color, beeps), but when an actual move function is executed (any of the four arrow keys), Ringo executes the action but stops responding to any other remote button presses after. I didn't make any changes to the code and I cannot seem to figure out where the code goes wrong.

When compiling the given code, the following warnings appear but it still allows the code to be uploaded:

...\Ringo_PreLoaded_Behaviors_Rev05_01\Navigation.ino: In function 'void CalibrateNavigationSensors()':
...\Ringo_PreLoaded_Behaviors_Rev05_01\Navigation.ino:535:4: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion [-Woverflow] i=1000;
...\Ringo_PreLoaded_Behaviors_Rev05_01\Navigation.ino:549:4: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion [-Woverflow] i=1000;

Kevin

Re: Preloaded Behaviour Bugged

Postby Kevin » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:50 pm

Hey Jay,

I haven't notice that compile warning before. What version OS and what version of Arduino IDE are you using?

JimB

Postby JimB » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:25 am

I am seeing the same behavior as JayPee... once I execute one move in 'Drive with Remote' Ringo stops responding to the remote. I've put some print functions in to see where or how the remote is disabled but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I am running Windows 8 and Arduino 1.6.6 and I see the same compile warnings as JayPee. I also have others as listed below. These are the warning when I reverted back to the original code that I downloaded without my debugging lines.

...\Ringo_PreLoaded_Behaviors_Rev05_01.ino:30:0:
sketch\RingoHardware.h:506:34: warning: backslash and newline separated by space [enabled by default]
#define RecordedDataRefresh() \
^

sketch\RingoHardware.h:247:20: warning: 'irData' initialized and declared 'extern' [enabled by default]
extern byte irData[]={0x00,0xFF,0x00,0x00};
^

sketch\RingoHardware.h:489:86: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]
typedef struct RecordedDataStruct{int left; int leftaver; int leftamb; uint32_t t;};//can edit number, names, and data types

JimB

Postby JimB » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:27 am

I am also having problems with the line following program. The sensors don't seem to detect the edge of the line. Any suggestions? I'm using a nice wide black line on a white sheet of paper just as is shown in one of the Youtube videos, the one from the Kickstarter campaign, I believe.

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:52 am

I'll try to have a look at the remote function this week. I missed the note when first reading this that the problem only happens after executing one of the movement functions. That gives me more to go on. I have come up with an improved remote handler which is much more reliable overall but I'm not sure if it would help the issue you're having.

I've found the line following to be a bit hit and miss myself. I've heard from others that when around certain types of florescent lights they had similar trouble. The function was re-written since the Kickstarter video was filmed with the idea that it would be more adaptable to different types of surfaces but I see it myself that it's not as sensitive. The function was actually written by someone else, but I'd like to go back to a function where you'd have to manually set a few parameters for your surface then let it go from there. You'd have to sent a few threshold values but then it would be much more reliable from there. I'll look into this also.

Thanks for the feedback. It's good to hear what's happening once lots of people are using these.

-Kevin

JimB

Postby JimB » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:30 am

Florescent lights are not the problem for me with the line following behavior... I was trying it under LED flood lights... of course, those might have the same type of "flicker" as florescent lights if that is the aspect of the light source that is the problem. I'm fine with having to set a few parameters to suit my lighting. It would be interesting to see if one could find a combination of hardware (e.g., light sensor) and software to calibrate the robot to the brightness, spectrum, and other characteristics of the ambient light.

jahbulon

Postby jahbulon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi guys,

I still have the same issue... The behavior "Drive with remote" controle doesn't works.
I have the same configuration (JimB), Windows 10 and the last version of ARDUINO dev.

Can you help me this behavior is really the more important for me :oops:

Regards.

For information : i try to push rev_05 and rev_06, i still have issue on compilation like jimB.

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Hey jahbulon,

I'm pretty sure we followed up via email on this and it was corrected - if not, please use the contact form on the website and we can exchange some screen shots of the problem.

Thanks,
-Kevin