OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) driver question

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
abe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) driver question

Postby abe » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:10 pm

PeteM

Re: OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) driver question

Postby PeteM » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Before you go further make sure the switch on the programmer board is in ON position.

abe

Re: OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) driver question

Postby abe » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:28 am

@PeteM: thanks for the quick feedback.
As it turns out, the Apple FTDI driver on El Capitan worked for me.

My problem was apparently related to the order everything needs to be connected:

1. Turn on Ringo
2. Connect Ringo to programming board
3. Connect programming board to Mac
4. Open Arduino IDE
5. Deploy code to Ringo

I'm not 100% certain about that but I can confirm that I was able to push code to Ringo using the standard Apple FTDI driver in El Capitan.

Regards,
Abe