stopped going straight

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ken.everett
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

stopped going straight

Postby ken.everett » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:32 am

We just unboxed our ringo and trying out the basic pre-installed behaviors. It worked great for a short while. Now the left motor doesn't seem to fire, so it doesn't navigate correctly. How do I troubleshoot the motor?

Thanks!
~Ken

sil

Re: stopped going straight

Postby sil » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Are you sure the motor isn't spinning? Check it hasn't wound a hair around the shaft that might be effecting it. Also the motors can slide in their holders, check they are the same length and you havent pushed one in too far which means it wont run straight, you might have to push/pull the motors to match each other. I think the front end of the motor housing should be about level with the end of the holding clip, don't bend the capacitors over when adjusting the motors (or any time).

Kevin

Re: stopped going straight

Postby Kevin » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:25 am

Hello Ken,

I noticed this post when it was bumped. I'm pretty sure I already followed up in email and got this taken care of, but if not, please send me a note through the contact form on the website. That's usually the fastest way to reach me as I don't check the forum daily.

Thanks!
-Kevin