Listing to the right

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AndrewDR
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Listing to the right

Postby AndrewDR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi there,

I've just got my Ringo robot. I've loaded on the pre-loaded behaviours, but noticed a problem.

When using the' drive with remote' behaviour, it always lists to the right when given a forward command. The listing is quite severe; it produces a circle in very little space (it completes the circle in the opposite direction when given the backward command, as if one motor is not pulling its weight).

I've carefully made certain that both motors protrude equally, and that nothing is jamming up the motors. I've even tried compensating by making one motor protrude further, but the listing is too severe. Both motors are still turning, maybe one is weaker?

Is there anything else this can be? Is the motor faulty? Is this behaviour expected?

Thanks for any help,

Andrew

Kevin

Re: Listing to the right

Postby Kevin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Hello Andrew,

I think we followed up via email. It sounds like you had a rather extreme case of this, but some listing is to be expected as the drive with remote does not use the gyroscope for code simplicity. If others are experiencing this, try using the navigation functions for straight driving.

Hope that helps.
-Kevin