Cloud robotics demo code (now with actual code and links to BBC and FT)

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
headamage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cloud robotics demo code (now with actual code and links to BBC and FT)

Postby headamage » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:38 am

Starting a thread now for some code I am planning to upload next week for a demo organised by King's College London and Ericsson to demonstrate cloud robotics over a prototype 5G network deployment in London.
With that said, what is the prefered method for sharing code with the community?

The code performs the following functions:
Passes all sensor data from arduino to the pi
Pi transmits all sensor data over WiFi to a server (in my case an ubuntu VM)
Server runs logic similar to demo mode 2 and pushes instructions for actions to the Pi (edge detection, range detection, servo moves, pixels)
Pi pushes motor/servo/pixel instructions to arduino/PIC
Server draws real-time graphs of sensor data and motor speeds

Additionally, the Pi can stream live camera feed using webRTC but this is coming from a packaged solution and not code that I developed.
Last edited by headamage on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sm7tix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cloud robotics demo code

Postby sm7tix » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:28 am

Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

headamage

Postby headamage » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Last edited by headamage on Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

headamage

Postby headamage » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:02 pm

here is a little teaser of the graphs from the surface and range sensor along with motor speeds. I will extend this to include all the sensors on board.

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

headamage

Postby headamage » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:54 pm

This is the final design of the sensor GUI. It seems to be working fine. The screenshot is with the rover sitting on my desk.
Unless I am missing something, this should cover every environment sensor on the rover. Does anyone know if there are additional sensors hidden?

I just finished coding remote controls over WiFi so I can drive the rover manually if needed. I am currently using WASD on the keyboard to drive it.
I will extend it to include servo movements if I have time before the big day and of course I will share all my code after the event.

TomTheWhittler

Postby TomTheWhittler » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:00 am

Thanks for doing this.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.
I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

headamage

Postby headamage » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:41 pm

sm7tix

Postby sm7tix » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX