Cloud robotics demo code (now with actual code and links to BBC and FT)

The more technical aspects of Spirit, and carry-over discussion from Kickstarter updates.
TomTheWhittler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cloud robotics demo code (now with actual code!!)

Postby TomTheWhittler » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:43 am

I tried the demo. Got :
_pi $ python clouddemo.py
Error on Write
Error on Write
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "clouddemo.py", line 21, in <module>
sock.bind(rover_addr)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth
return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
socket.error: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address

Apparently I did not do something correctly..
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.
I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

TomTheWhittler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TomTheWhittler » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:21 am

Found out I fat fingered the IP address. Fixed that and ran the python script. It did a constant stream of "write error" for the output. Closed the window and then the Raspberry Pi 3 started to act funny. Select shutdown and reboot. Came back with 4 Raspberry's on the top and then it just sits there. Note to self. Clone card with everything setup and working before messing with code. One evening down the drain.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

TomTheWhittler

Postby TomTheWhittler » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:30 am

headamage

Postby headamage » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:10 pm

There is a fix for that. Have a look in the previous page or in a separate thread related to Pi3 and pixel. I have not tested it myself but it might help you.

headamage

Postby headamage » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:22 pm

The rover got some air time on BBC and FT as part of the 5G event in London.

Spirit on FT
https://www.ft.com/video/ecce7b44-fd92- ... b7a537fc60

Spirit on BBC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... click-om5g

sm7tix

Re: Cloud robotics demo code (now with actual code and links to BBC and FT)

Postby sm7tix » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Kind regards

Stefan / SM7TIX

headamage

Postby headamage » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:51 am

rover was on manual control for the video. wifi was too congested to run the AI reliably. I was able to run it with the AI when fewer people were around at the start/end of the event.

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Hey everyone! I know I'm way late in this thread but I wanted to say I love what you all are doing. Sorry I haven't had more time on the forum here, but you all are doing an outstanding job running with this. Love it!

Thanks!
-Kevin

marckarasek

Postby marckarasek » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Are you still planning on posting your code?

I can offer my github repo as a landing place if you want. I have started some similar projects for the Rover. One of which is to drive it via a android app.

Marc

headamage

Postby headamage » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:09 pm

It's on page 2.