Arduino IDE and Rasperry

Ringo setup, hardware, basic programming. User to user support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Aibo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Arduino IDE and Rasperry

Postby Aibo » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:52 am

Hi,

Can I use Rasperry Arduino IDE to program Ringo? Would I be able to use Plum Geek's custom libraries?

Thanks.

JK

Kevin

Re: Arduino IDE and Rasperry

Postby Kevin » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:41 am

Hello Aibo,

I'm not sure on this. I think you probably could. I've not heard a positive confirmation on this though. Raspbian is based on Debian, which I *think* will automatically see the programmer when plugged in. If this works, you should be okay. (I know Ubunto will see it, but haven't tried Debian based Linux yet).

Just study where the Raspbian version of Arduino wants to see its libraries installed and put the PG libraries there. You probably want to copy the entire library folders into the correct directory. Once they're in the correct location I would expect the raspbian Arduino IDE would see them. Maybe dig around the net a bit for "installing arduino libraries raspberry pi" if you have trouble finding the correct location for them. If the code then compiles okay, then you should be good.

I'd be interested to hear your results or any comments you have along the way to share with others.

Thanks!
-Kevin